A quick review: Boson Ex-Sim Max ICND1

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by gosh1976, Oct 13, 2010.

1. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I thought I would go ahead and give a quick review of the Boson ExSim-Max ICND1 practice test software.

I have only taken one of the exams of the three provided with the software. I took it for the first time when I first received the software for purposes of beta testing and received a failing 65% or something around there. I did not review the answers for the questions I missed. I took it again today a little more than a month later and received a passing 83%.

The only problem I've had with the software so far had to do with a simulation question, the cli commands didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled and everything worked fine. The interface for the simulation question works great.

Overall I like this practice test. I'm hoping the trend with other exams I have sat after taking practice exams continues, which is that the actual exams were a little easier than the practice tests.

The questions seem well written. After the initial installation issue I've had no problems with the software. So far, the Boson exam seems like it would be a very good investment.

Over the next couple weeks I plan to take the other two tests that come in the ICND1 package to really get an idea of how close I am to feeling confident in sitting the exam. Then I will take the time to go through all the questions again checking the explanations etc... and will write up a more thorough review to post in a couple places and will also submit my report to Boson that I agreed to in testing their software.

I feel like I am getting pretty close to ready to take the ICND1 and will certainly have a better idea after the next two weeks when I have taken the other two practice tests and done some more work in a real lab with real equipment.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Thanks for the review, Gosh! :)

After you've taken the real ICND1 exam, be sure to let us know how well the Boson ExSim-Max product prepares you for the real thing. We appreciate your input!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

well I scored a passing 831 on the second test today. I feel like I will be ready to take the ICND1 within a couple weeks or so. I just need to do a good bit more work in the lab and work on a few things like wireless, setting up DHCP, and converting hex numbers.

I don't know why but wireless gave me problems when studying for the Net+ too. I just go blank and can't remember the specs of the different standards.

I will definitely let everyone know how it compares to the actual test once I take it. Unfortunately, it may not be until after the first of the year when I take it as I might not have access to a student voucher until then.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  4. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I took and passed the ICND1 this morning! The Boson exam was a pretty good predictor of success and probably a bit more difficult than the actual exam.

I don't recall there really being any simlet type questions on the Boson exams which seems a bit weird to me as cisco shows that there could be those type of questions on their website. All in all a pretty minor complaint and I will be purchasing the practice tests for the ICND2!

5. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for the update, Gosh. I'm glad to hear that our ICND 1 product helped you pass!