A+ questions

Discussion in 'A+' started by devip, Nov 15, 2004.

1. devip

devip Bit Poster

ADMIN EDIT: Copyright material edited out from post. PLEASE make yourself aware of our guidance for posting course material, to be found at the top of this Forum.

Thank you for your co-operation.

CertForums Staff.

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Devip - a hint for question2: How would the modem be able to tell that the account had been deleted without first querying the ISP with the original logon credentials ? Read the question ove again, and apply some logic here .....:D Also, do you always 100% trust Windows Device Manager ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. devip

devip Bit Poster

I think that if the modem is not working properly then the Device Manager will show a Device status information on the properties page of the Modem Driver.

4. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

I would say question 1 is C, PPP. I would read that section again.

Question 2 i would go with Jakamoto, It has to be B & D. The modem is not making any contact with the ISP so how can it tell if your account has expired, Device manager only reports no device conflicts, It's the cable or the modem hardware that are faulty.

5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

i disagree devip. jaks right, if the account was deleted the handshake process would still take place, there just wouldnt be a connection at the end of it. and device manager is not infallable, its part of a sophisticated piece of software which is famous for its Blue Screens of Death. i hardly think a single component of it is going to be infallable. if its a device that isnt fully compatable with the OS, then its entirely possible that the modem is reporting an error, just DM doesnt have the necessary programming to enable it to pick it up, or maybe the device isnt capable of reporting a problem (some older tech wasnt).

as for question 3, i dont think i would personally run the NIC diagnostic software straight away, i think i would run ipconfig first. but that could be just personal preference!

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. devip

devip Bit Poster

Thank you. But i'm still confused with Qn.3. In the question it is been mentioned that NIC configuration has been checked. By running both ipconfig and winipcfg we are getting the same information ie IP address. So i thought that it is NIC's diagonostics software.

7. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

Question 3 has to be run the NIC diagnostic software, It says you confirm the settings are correct, which tells me you are already past answers A&B as that's what you would use to confirm these settings? I am pretty sure you are right with C but I have been known to get it wrong :oops: