A question of trust and technology

Discussion in 'News' started by Jakamoko, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

A question of trust and technology

A major government department is without e-mail for a week, and technology analyst Bill Thompson wants to know what happened.

"A couple of weeks ago I wrote about how my girlfriend had suffered when her cable modem blew up and she was offline for several days. "

It seems that thousands of civil servants at the UK's Department of Work and Pensions went through the same thing last week. It has emerged that the internal network crashed in a particularly horrible way, depriving staff of e-mail and access to the application software they use to calculate people's benefit and pension entitlement or note changes in personal circumstances.

Full Story: HERE

Source: BBC Technology News

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      Why do I have a feeling that someone's head is going to roll over this one? :blink
    2. r4merlin
      r4merlin
      Technology at its best.

There was an incidient in Scunthorpe (I think it was there local County Council) where they did not receive Email for weeks due to spam blocking. I let you work out which word was blocked.