A question about IT jobs

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by slowfade, Jul 29, 2005.

1. slowfade

slowfade Guest

Hi
    my mate is studying a Comptia A+ (home study). I said to him people nowadays look for experience more than say just finished uni but my mate(not worked in IT industry) seem to think jobs that state 'experience essential' is not stirctly true, u can still apply even if u got little or no expereince, they just pay you less i.e. a job that states £12k, they pay you £9-10k due lack of experience. but main thing is you have the certificate. Does it work like that? As these sorts of jobs i always avoided if its out of my league.

As i used to work in a recruitment agency & know LOT of people graduated from uni i know what its like if u not got experience.

Anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Long time no see, Slowfade.

The thread below covers just what you're asking, so have a look-see. Basically, yeah - just go for it - what do you have to lose ?

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread5684.html

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. slowfade

slowfade Guest

Has been a while! been busy with my new job- Data entrey clerk, the past few months i just been more bothered about finding a job than anything else so hopefully soon i be sorting out my course & my mate has technical knowledge of computers like taking them apart etc....