A+ Practice Exams

Discussion in 'A+' started by tech4life, Jan 15, 2012.

1. tech4life

tech4life Bit Poster

What practice exam packages would people recommend for the A+ exams.

I know there is many different websites that offer these packs, not sure which ones are the better ones, I know Transcender keep popping up in different discussions, but £140 seems rather steep, it states you get 800+ practice questions but still seems rather expensive.

I have just tried the Total Seminars that you get free with the Mike Meyers A+ book, but it looks like you only get the questions from the book, which I am completing at the end of each chapter.

2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Try CompTIA A+ Certification | Practice Exams & Training.

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. tech4life

tech4life Bit Poster

Thanks for the link Koptie_21. Still pricey but cheaper then Transcender, all exams packs are expensive by the look of things, depends how much effort I want to put into the practice questions.

4. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

When i was taking the A+ i used the Boson practice exams and found them to be good, passed both my A+ exams first time if thats any help.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  5. tech4life

tech4life Bit Poster

Might purchase the A+ boson pack when pay day arrives, looks like a good provider, they cover many different vendors.
    Thanks jvanassen.

6. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

I used them for the Sec+, and found them to be excellent.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  7. Les1977

Les1977 Bit Poster

I got free practice exam packs, when I purchased vouchers from Prometric.
    They had some pretty vintage questions in, but are OK for benchmarking your knowledge.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, Linux+ / LPIC-1
    WIP: 70-680
  8. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Thanks to those that have recommended our (Boson's) products! I always suggest downloading a demo to get a feel for our product; that way, you can be sure whether it will work for you.

9. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

No probs BosonJosh am going to purchase some end of month hopefully.

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  10. tech4life

tech4life Bit Poster

Purchased the 220-701 exam pack, found it to be really good.
    You can check your answers, it then gives you a detailed description of the contents of the question, it also gives you the pages in the all in one book and Microsoft links for some of the questions, at the end of the exam it gives you a detailed overview of the areas you need to improve on and you can go back to the questions you failed on.
    Now I have purchased I can understand why each pack holds the price tag, I will be purchasing the 220-702 pack shortly when I get further through the all in one book, only on chapter 5, many more to go!

11. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Glad to hear that they're helping you out! Good luck in your studies!