1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A pleasant CISCO surprise!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by VantageIsle, Aug 25, 2007.

1. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Yep, my Boss asked me how much networking I had covered so far in my Net+ book (answer, not that much) and did I fancy participating in a four day cisco course next week. Cool, so it looks like next week I will be on the cisco introduction to networking course which I believe is the first part of the CCNA. Considering I am only at the end of week three at my new job this is really cool.:biggrin

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Nice one 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Good news, a few days out the office for training is always fun and games :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  4. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

@ Sparky as he said yeah a paid "jolly" they are great.

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  5. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Done a few hours network+ study over the weekend so hopefully I should not get too lost on the basics of networking!

Looking forward to this course, this is going to put me ahead knowledge wise.

All I know is its a 4 day course and only 6 people are going to be on it, it must be the intro to the CCNA.
    Well, I'll soon find out.:biggrin

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  6. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

VantageIsle,

If you'd like to do some "coordinated cramming" for both Network+ and the INTRO exam, here's the course description for the "Introduction to Cisco Networking Technologies (INTRO) v2.1" course. Also, here's the exam blueprint for the 640-821 INTRO exam.

Source:
    1. Introduction to Cisco Networking Technologies (INTRO) v2.1 - http://tools.cisco.com/E-Learning-IT/LPCM/LpcmLLController?action=CourseDesc&COURSE_ID=4808
    2. 640-821 INTRO-Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-821.html

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA