1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A+ Passed

Discussion in 'A+' started by PompeyFC, Jul 23, 2007.

1. PompeyFC

PompeyFC Nibble Poster

:eek:

Have recently passed the MCDST and A+ was next on the hit list, all abit of a rush because work had free vouchers but they run out at the end of the month.

I started reading the Mike Meyers 6th edition book 7 days ago and completed most of the book, I missed out all the windows stuff and the chapter on sound and security

I risked missing the windows stuff thinking I would muddle through having just done the MCDST. Bit of a mistake that but I crammed some in late last night in the end, skim it even if you think you are confortable with it.

I also used some transcenders which I was struggling with until last night.

Scores
    740/900 on the A+ Essentials
    800/900 on the IT Technician 602

The second part was way harder than the first - I must of got an obscene amount of questions right through abit of calculated guesswork, either that or I know more than I think I do

A+ can be done in a short space of time - I had done the cisco version of this course though with the old 2003 objectives a few years ago so had a little knowledge aswell as working in Desktop Support for 2 years.

Conclusion - if you have previous experience and are confortable in desktop support - the Mike Myers book and transcenders can get you through in a short amount of time, it does cover everything but if I had to do it again I would want 2-3 weeks more than I had.

Best of luck for anyone else studying for this. :)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, 70-270, 70-290, Network+
    WIP: Windows 7
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Wow. Congrats on the pass! :biggrin

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

Well done matey.. good effort!

Have you finished fondling that 270 book yet? :blink

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass mate, 602 is next on the list for me!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. PompeyFC

PompeyFC Nibble Poster

cheers all

dude - why dd you not take your 602 with your 601 - they are reasonably similar- the 602 is just in more detail

AP - I have done a chapter already of the 270 book ! :)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, 70-270, 70-290, Network+
    WIP: Windows 7