A+ Pass Mark?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Matthew1985, Nov 2, 2006.

1. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congrats Matt! :biggrin

2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Newbie19 - Sorry for giving you a horrible reply, i just get a little p'eed off when people use braindumps... Apologises... :slidedrin

3. Newbie19

Newbie19 Bit Poster

Thanks for the legit info, & even for the rough reply, it opened my eyes to something I was not aware of & yes 3 of the afore mentioned I did not get from a website, they were given to us on a disk, but the other 2 were from training books & the material was all pretty much in line with each other so i still dont understand why the exam was so difficult. Thanks again

4. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Hi Newbie19

I won't go into the braindump stuff as SGuk and CM have kinda explained about those. As for the OS exam, I too had questions I'd not covered, infact the first 10 questions made me feel that I was sitting the wrong exam. My advise would be to download the exam objectives from the CompTIA site and go through each domain and make sure you feel comfortable you know whats covered.

The questions I got that I hadn't covered I used what I'd studied to make an educated guess :confused3, If you understand the material you can eliminate most of the wrong answers.

Keep studying and good luck in the future :thumbleft

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Agreed - if your instructor gave those to you on a disk, he should be reported.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Newbie19

Newbie19 Bit Poster

Thanks for all the info, the instructor no longer works for that company & is not an instructor anymore, but I have another problem that I would appreciate your alls insight on, before I posted on here, I posted on comptia's email support site, I said basicaaly the same thing there that I did here as I did not know what I know now, the reason was I was asking them, where do I go from here, what do you recomend I study, since it seemed that I was taking the wrong test to me, & I had studied all this material.Now that I know about the brain dumps, Im worried that they will ban me from testing in the future as I told them what I had used. Should I just let it go & hope nothing happens or should I call them & explain that Im an idiot who didnt know any better.

7. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

report to who? I know a college that hands out TK, I phoned to complain and the guy said MS hasnt closed TK so they are not doing anything wrong! :ohmy

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. BosonMichael

MS has filed a lawsuit against TK.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. BosonMichael

Unfortunately, what's done is done. Hope that they don't see it or take any action. But if they decide to ban you, just tell them the truth - you were given a CD by your instructor, and give his name and location. I'm sure they'd rather strip the credentials of a corrupt instructor who is distributing braindumps than punish an individual who was simply misled into using them.

10. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

It could take years to get through court though :(

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Don't lose any sleep over it, they probably won't notice and if they do just tell them you didn't realise it was wrong until now. Clearly you didn't otherwise you would not have mentioned the dump sites here or to CompTIA.

None of us were aware of what braindumps are when we first started out. What we have learned over time is that these companies, like TK are doing a major disservice to the certification industry and us legitimately certified people. Employers have come to realise that people with certs are not necessarily knowledgeable people because so many have used one or more of the plethora of braindump materiel out there. In fact for a newbie it is hard to avoid. Hence salaries for certified people have been adversely affected and the prestige that once went with an MCSE is gone with the wind.

Bear in mind that these braindumps are actual questions from the vendors exams but the answers they give are often misleading and wrong. They are the scourge of our world and training companies that advocate there use should be reported, as those actual questions are copyrighted and their discloser to the public is illegal, hence the pending law suit between Microsoft and TK.

Good luck with your future studies, if you need help clarifying what is good study material then just ask here.

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  12. Newbie19

Newbie19 Bit Poster

Thanks for the advice, I rescheduled my test & am going back through my book, I am realizing now that I was depending too much on the practice questions because Im seeing quite a bit that I missed, so I'll just study the right way this time & hope to get the right results, thanks to all for the advice & encouragement, & especially the awakening, however rude, it was needed.

13. BosonMichael

If it goes through at all... it's a "John Doe" lawsuit. Even though Microsoft thinks they know who is behind it, they can't easily go after them as they're supposedly not in the US.

But regardless of whether it "gets through court", the argument cannot be made that "MS hasnt closed TK so they are not doing anything wrong". They're obviously doing something wrong, and MS (or CompTIA or Cisco) can decertify individuals for using them and distributing those braindumps. After all, that's what the Confidentality Agreement is all about - you take the exam, you protect their content. The instructor, knowingly or unknowingly, was distributing CompTIA's content. Thus, in my opinion, the MS guy Sparky talked to was clearly misinformed.