A+ OS pass mark

Discussion in 'A+' started by hoplex, Jan 23, 2005.

1. hoplex

hoplex Bit Poster

I have been doing some mock test which give me the pass mark as 80% for OS exam . I remember doing hardware it was less than that. But the pass mark on the real 2 exam is the same. Any ideas?

Certifications: A+; Network +
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I found a link that gives the passing minimum score but not as a percentage:

http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/glancebox.aspx

I believe the range goes up to 900 but I couldn't swear by that. You might want to poke around comptia's A+ area and see if you can scare up a bit more detail.

Regardless of the actual passing percentage, your best bet for a pass is to make sure you know the material to the very best of your ability. Most people get test taking anxiety and that tends to cut into your score just a bit on the real thing, no matter how well you did in mock exams.

Shoot for 100% or as close as you can on the mock tests. If you settle for much less, you might not perform as well as you'd like when you sit the actual A+

Hope some of this helps.

Certifications: A+ and Network+