A+ or MSCTS

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by shocksl, Aug 1, 2011.

1. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

Hi guys

I had my heart set on studying for an MCTS 70-680. Judging by feedback on this forum it looks like it would be a better idea for myself to do an A+ as I dont have any I.T experience.

Would it be too difficult for me to understand aspects of the reading materials for the MCTS if for example that was my first time studying for I.T. Or would the literature more or less explain the basics aswel. I am a quick/ good learner.

I really do want to get my foot in the door and work in 1st line suppor/ helpdesk and progress.

I would really apreciate any advice as to which i should go for?

Thanks

2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

If you don't have experience in IT, the A+ will be just the same as doing the 70-680

You don't have to have experience to pass the exam, if you've got the knowledge to pass it, then thats good.

Some jobs will look at experience against certs, but that's usually only for more advanced/tech roles.

If you've got a cert in MCTS for Win 7 configuring, and go for a job working in a windows 7 based enviornment - then thats going to look good on the CV.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud