A+ Novice

Discussion in 'A+' started by Danmagrew, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Danmagrew

Danmagrew New Member

Eh up :)

I,ve been doing a bit of research on A+

would it be safe to say ,Get the book read/understand/learn it do the exams pass (hopefully) and bingo I,ve got A+

or is that completely wrong

Dan

Certifications: all virtual at the moment
    WIP: Starting a career in IT
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

As long as you take the above as "get the book, read understand, THEN read a bunch of other reference materials and resources to re-inforce the knowledge you got from the book" then yes, thats about it :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

LOL :biggrin yes mate more or less,you may also find it usefull to grab ur self an old machine that you can take apart and get your hands dirty with.
    As has been said many times on these boards the best books to go for are Mike Meyers or Sybex.I personally used the Sybex book and thought it was very good.
    Also i used Transcender CD's and found that they tie everything together nicely and get you into the Comptia way of thinking.

HTH :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  4. Danmagrew

Danmagrew New Member

For the speedy replies ( I,ve got a new machine and I take apart at least once a week)

I,m readin The dummies and microsoft books at the moment and they don't seem too bad, in my previous life I was an electrical engineer of sorts so elect/mech stuff is already in there and I,ve had a pc since ,98 also has anyone ever fitted a zalman fan to an asus skt 754 M/board

I should get a qualification for that alone

Dan :cowboy

Certifications: all virtual at the moment
    WIP: Starting a career in IT