A+ Newbie help

Discussion in 'A+' started by bitterbird, Jun 27, 2006.

1. bitterbird

bitterbird New Member

Hey guys,

I am looking to study for my A+ certification,

I intend on taking the core hardware within a month and the os maybe 2 months later, i currently have a copy of the A+ certifiation bible, and A+ for dummies,
    has anyone used these resources and had success?,

I also have the free cramsession ebooks and a copy of the core requirements from comptia.com.

i work in the IT industry and have a reasonable idea on most of the topics, but would just like to brush up on my knowledge to ensure a pass,

does anyone have any tips or advice on the materials i am using.

2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

hi mate - welcome to CF...

I have had a good look through the A+ certifcation Bible, but have not found it as good as Mike Meyers All in One book... Most people here would recommend that book aswell...

Do hope your studies go well...

3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,
    Welcome aboard. I agree with cheek; All in one is good for novice and experienced swotting up.
    Good luck :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF! 8) yeah ill do with the Mike Meyer's A+ All in one guide.. umm i think that A+ is out of date too or was a newer one released too (post 2003?)?

good luck! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

the book that i have linked to is for the 2003 objectives, the roll over date is end of March 2007, however MM is doing a new book to cover the new objectives but can place my fingers on it yet. unless you feel you are unable to complete the A+ by end of March 2007, then let us know and we'll have a look at this for you...

edit: actually the photo shown is revision 1, the latest one that i am aware is revision 5.

6. bloomfieldliam

bloomfieldliam Bit Poster

I've had a shifty at the Dummies book and I am sure their list of IRQ's is worng concerning the IRQ Cascade channels, I haven't noticed anymore but just had a flick through.

Liam

Certifications: A+, MCP XP, MA in IT, ECDL