A+,Net+ 38 years old and no IT experience

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by GSX1100, Mar 18, 2010.

1. GSX1100

GSX1100 New Member

What do you guys think my chances are of getting a entry level job?I'm a assistant manager in a Pub at the moment and have done various other jobs in manufacturing in the past.Unfortunatly never had any job remotely related to I.T.
    I've been applying for helpdesk or support jobs for a while now but I've not had one response yet.I think my C.V and covering is pretty good compared to others I've seen out there.
    I think my age is counting against me,I'd like to know if anyone else on these boards has gotten a entry level job in IT in their late 30's.
    Like the title says I've got my A+ and Net+ and I've been building,modifying and fixing friends P.C's for a couple of years now.I know my way around a P.C and have been considering doing some my MCDST but I'm not sure if it would make much of a difference in getting a entry level job with no experience/

WIP: A+,Net+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Start applying now, your age shouldn't matter and yes start on the MCDST too.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I've known people in their 50s get started in IT, so you're about 20 years too early. ;)

If you can do the job, I don't care how old you are, what gender you are, or what your skin color is... I want you on my team.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!