A+ N+ AND CISCO EXAMS

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by 808, Feb 13, 2005.

1. 808

808 Nibble Poster

hi

can i take the exam for the a+ n+ and ccna without going through a training provider.i am currently with schiedegger but i am not happy(see thread below).i have a pretty good understanding of computers and networking so i would like to just take the exams without reading through things i already know.

oh and hello everyone.great forum

Certifications: none yet
    WIP: A+,N+
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi 808,

Sure you can take any exams you want off your own back, but you'd be strongly recommended to be fully aware of the exact course course content first, no matter how much you are already experienced in it. Reason being that for, eg CompTIA and Microsoft exams, a lot of it is getting into their way of thinking about things, which may be slightly different from how you are currently used to working.

Other than that, just locate your nearest VUE or Prometric test centre, get in touch with them and book/pay for the exam for whenever you want. Don't know how this will affect any existing arrangement you have with your Training Provider - if you have already paid for the course, you may still be obliged to pay for the exams again seperately.

HTH :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. 808

808 Nibble Poster

hi

thanks for the quick reply
    is there any sort of official study guide for above courses be it software or books.

thanks

Certifications: none yet
    WIP: A+,N+
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Have a look at our own Review Forum for various texts we've looked at, and many of us have used. Other than that, there are many opinions and suggestions for materials scattered through the various exam Forums on here, as well as elsewhere on the Net.

I'd say the majority of us are faithful to the Mike Meyers bible for the A+, various including David Groth (Sybex) for Network+, and for MCP's, its a whole new battlefield between MSPress and Sybex (among others)

Read around, 808 - there's loads of help on here about books for your exams [​IMG]

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity