A little CV advice

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Afroninja, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Afroninja

Afroninja Bit Poster

Hi everyone, have been lurking for a while but im back in back the job market so was wondering if my cv could be given a once over by your goodselves before i start firing it off.

Ive had some success with it in the past, but im not 100% happy with it. I really dont like the skills list, but it was suggested i put it in to cover word searches. Is this necessary? Ive gone for achievements in past jobs rather than general duties. Is this a wise idea? Should i also list job duties or should i split the achievements into a seperate section leaving a list of duties under each job? Also not sure about my entry to cover the work gap. Ive had some recent feedback suggesting that people were uncomfortable with my disclosure of that. Should i remove it?

Thanks,
    Ian

2. Afroninja

Afroninja Bit Poster

Guess my CV must either be perfect or completely rubbish :)

3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I'd put the education\certs near the start and scale back the technical bit.

Other than that it reads well...

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Afroninja

Afroninja Bit Poster

Thanks Sparky. Sent it off for a couple of jobs but heard nothing back so was just curious if theres something obvious on it that could be putting people off