A+ homestudy how quick??

Discussion in 'A+' started by shocksl, Aug 1, 2011.

1. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

I am thinking of doing an A+ as I'm lead to believe it is a perfect stepping stone to going on to do an MSCT and working in a helpdesk role.

For those who have done self study - what is the realistic time frame to be aiming in order to learn and pass it quick as possible? Bearning in mind i am a quick learner. is it more of a yearly course, or could it be completed in months or weeks if the effort was put in?

Finally what's the cost for this exam? which is the latest one and where could it be booked?

Sorry for the million questions, I just want/ need to get the ball rolling.

Thanks in advance guys.

2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

It will depend on how much you know of the subject beforehand, and how quickly you can absorb the info.

When I self studied the A+ I spent about a month or so reading and re-reading the MM AIO book and doing practice exams, but I had been building and generally tinkering with PC's for ages, so had quite a bit of background knowledge before I started.

HTH

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Helen.

Helen. Bit Poster

Not sure about how much it costs, I'm sure the anwers will be hanging around somewhere if you google :)

I took about 3 months doing my A+ I think. But I totally believe it depends on your previous knowledge. If you know the basics, it shouldn't take you too long as most of the concepts on the course wouldn't be too dissimilar, probably a few months :)

I'd recommend getting some books, studying, taking lots and lots of practice exams (certblaster is good) and then booking the exam when you feel you are ready.

Good luck!!

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: MCTS/MCITP