A+ Help

Discussion in 'A+' started by Tylers 'B', Jun 7, 2005.

1. Tylers 'B'

Tylers 'B' New Member

Hi guys, just thought I'd say a quick hello and ask for some help in the process. :wink:

I've had quite a bit of experience with computers, but unfortunately I've never really nailed down any formal qualifications. My career path isn't really taking me where I want to be (logistics - not the most exciting field), so I have decided to have a crack at the A+ via the home learning route (with the aid of Mr Meyers book).

Just wondering if you chaps could give me the benefit of your experience and help me with the following problems:-
    • Test centre - Which companies would you recommend? Are there any reputable companies in Yorkshire?
    • Career change - Assuming I actually obtain my A+, what would be the first steps in getting a job in the technical/maintenance fields? Would it be worthwhile applying for positions on the basis that im "currently studying" for the A+? What are my chances at the age of 27 of successfully jumping careers?
    Apologies if any of these questions have been answered elsewhere, and thanks in advance for any help! :D

WIP: A+
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi mate and welcome to the forum. You might want to swing by the new members forum and introduce yourself to the gang.

Ok, to do the exams you need an account at either Vue or Prometric. There you can book your exams and search out the nearest ceertified testing center near you.

As for career changing, there are several members here that have done it and are doing it. I'm 36 and I'm 'starting', several members are older than I am and one in particular *ahem*, made a very late career change. The sky is the limit. By all means apply for anything you see. If a company is fair it will give you a chance because you 'want' to learn and are interested.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Damn - when did we set the Content Filter to insert "ahem" instead of "Trip" :hhhmmm

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Ask Si. Maybe he put it in. :tongue

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I swear I typed Trip in there.:ohmy

Maybe Si overtweaked the filter.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685