A+ help / guidance

Discussion in 'A+' started by Mp4, Oct 26, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am not sure about the video from ebay I would be wary of buying something like that. Also don't do the practice exams until you feel you are ready for the exams. fi you do them over * over you will remember the questions and answer and give yourself a false feeling that you are ready for the real thing.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Most of the training videos sold on eBay are pirated copies. Further, most computer-based training products do not allow resale of their products. If you're interested in buying some, I'd recommend purchasing them directly from the vendor's site.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Mp4

Mp4 Bit Poster

Yeah it was just an idea , ill carry on with the Book!

been trying to find a full pc sys for £200 but failing atm ..

4. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

Hi and Welcome to CF :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Contatct your local recycling centre they could/probably have one you may be able to take of their hands or if you have a shop in your town like cash converters or a pawn shop they could have them. It might be worth seeing if your local college/school is throwing some olds ones out (probably without any hard drives, unless its from my work) then you could get it off them.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Another place to get cheap old PCs is from a computer fair.

Or you could look in the local paper small-ads.

Or join freecycle - my local one often has old PCs being given away.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  7. Stuka

Stuka Nibble Poster

mp4, I bought the "A+ In Depth 2006" book by Jean Andrews. I read it from start to finish and it does go into immense detail. Now I haven't read the Mike Meyer's book, but I believe that the Jean Andrews book is close in comparision, some believe say that the Jean Andrews book is a little "dry" (without the humour) - but I still find it an informative and very helpful guide.

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/COMPTIA-200...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225190205&sr=8-2

The book also includes short videos, mostly quick tutorials showing how to install hard drives, PSU's, motherboards etc...

It's a book I'll continue to consult, even after I've finished my A+.

Certifications: IT 2:1 Degree, A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  8. Mp4

Mp4 Bit Poster

Thanks for that Harry , ive had a look at my local Freecycle just have to play a waiting game as there are no pc's avaliable yet.

i'm also going to look in local papers etc

Okay , cheers i shall look into that book too