A Good Foundation???

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Timostag, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Timostag

Timostag Bit Poster

I have recently been accepted on a foundation degree in computer technology at Birmingham City University and I'm really excited.

However, the student loan company need me to tell them if Im just doing the foundation year or the full degree as it effects how much i need to pay and therefore how much loan I get. When i applied for the foundation degree I thought towards the end of the first year I could deciede wether I wanted to stay and get the full degree, so I could start applying for IT roles and if the foundation degree opens doors for me to start an IT career leave with the foundation and build up experience as Ive always been told experience is much more important than academics.

So my question is I have no professional IT experience have worked in Customer service for 5 years If i get the foundation degree will that be enough to land my first support role or is it more likley I will need the full degree?

Certifications: A+,MTA:Networking, MTA: Server Fundamentals MTA:Operating Systems MTA:Security Fundamentals ITIL Foundation
  2. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

you can do a top up year.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  3. sunnyboy123

sunnyboy123 New Member

Hi,

Sorry dear don't have any experience about Birmingham City University.
    As, I discuss before that I am living in Canada. If you want any information about Canadian college than I can help you.

Best of Luck for your studies !

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2009