A+ for dummies?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Thomas84, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Thomas84

Thomas84 New Member

Hey, I was given A+ certification for dummies AIO ref book to obviously help me pass my A+ exams I was just wondering if this book is any good or do I need additional material. thanks in advance guys. T

Certifications: nc computing, nc multimedia
    WIP: A+
  2. robbo1962

robbo1962 Byte Poster

The A+ for Dummies falls way short of all the things you need to know, if you look back on threads similar to yours you will find the Mike Meyers all in one A+ book as being thought of as THE book to use. Other people will sugest other books but this one IMO is the best. Gary

Certifications: A+
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'd agree. I have the dummies book, and it isn't much cop. Much better getting the Mike Meyers book.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I agree with what's already been said:rocks plus there was some section in the dummies book that was wrong. so be careful. Mike Meyers book all in one or passport(concise version of all in one guide) is miles better!:biggrin8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I had a co-worker who had that book and failed one of the A+ exams... twice. Scared her so bad, she avoided taking it a 3rd time for TWO YEARS. I turned her on to the Meyers A+ All-in-One (current one is 6th edition), and she passed - said it made all the difference in the world.

Poor study tools are sometimes worse than no study tools at all. I'd put that A+4D book on eBay... or burn it. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Thomas84

Thomas84 New Member

Thanks for the heads up and as of five minutes ago I ordered the mike myers AIO.

Certifications: nc computing, nc multimedia
    WIP: A+
  7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

excellent!

Good luck with your studies:thumbleft

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

I agree with all the above, I've browsed several 'for dummies' books in the past but wouldn't dream of using one for an exam, I regard these sort of books as introductions for people who are terrified of computers, not exam material :)

WIP: MCDST