A+ for dummies- recommendation!

Discussion in 'A+' started by sammyandmimi, May 19, 2008.

1. sammyandmimi

sammyandmimi New Member

Have just passsed A+ 601 and 602 based mostly on Mike Meyers all in one, but used the A+ for dummies (you know, the yellow 'for dummies' series) and I must say I found it really really useful for my revision. Covers the same stuff as Mike Meyers but from a slightly different viewpoint, and it really helped me to understand some of the stuff I found tricky the first time round. If you have a spare £17 (and who does?) I would highly recommend it as an extra coursebook.
    By the way, the 602 paper was outrageously hard and had a few questions about things I had never heard of - only just squeaked a pass with 720. By contrast the 601 essentials was lovely - many many questions about esd wriststraps!:D

WIP: A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have heard mixed reviews on the dummies book, but if it worked for you then good.

I actually found the 601 harder I had no questions on ESD on my exam (everyones is different).

Well done on the pass and welcome to the club :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. skieslord

skieslord Bit Poster

thats the one i used, I found A+ for dummies very useful, i passed both 601 and 602! I recommend that one too!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+