A+ fault finding

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by hoss, Jul 5, 2006.

1. hoss

hoss Bit Poster

I am doing my A+ at the moment and am about 3/4 of the way thorough but am worried because the course structure does not seem to offer much in the way of fault finding, i am not sure how when you have completed the course you can get a job if you have not done any fault finding and as far as i am aware the are no programmes that you can use to set up faults on a pc.I would be gratefull if any one can help me and even tell me how they did sorted out thje problem when the went for jobs,the sort of job i am looking at is help desk surrport,many thanks. :newbie

Certifications: c & g in refrigeration
    WIP: A+,N+,CCNN
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Your computer has automatic updates installed. On booting up into windows the computer blue screens and crashes. You are able to get into safe mode however. You beleive that one of the updates has caused the problem, from within safe mode what would you do to determine if you are correct?

The above is an example of how you would go about the process of fault diagnosis and resolution, you are correct, it is difficult to simulate faults, but having a good general idea of what you 'think' might be the problem helps.

The best advice for such a situation that I can offer you would be to get some test prep software such as Transcender and go through the questions. if you can answer them correctly then not only are you ready for the exam, but also that you can troubleshoot, since answering the questions correctly involves elliminating (sp? - is it i or e?) the wrong answers.

8)