A+ exams booking

Discussion in 'A+' started by Rosie1, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Hi,

Just in the process of booking up my exams (at long last). I've seen the org, getcertified4less.com mentioned on the forum. Has anyone had any bad experiences purchasing vouchers through them? Don't anything about this company.

Rgds

Rosie:rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, CIW foundation
    WIP: CIW Site Designer
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Ive never used them personally, i think everyone on here has had good experiences with them apart from when they buy the wrong vouchers as they dont do refunds.

If you are gonna buy from them then make sure you buy the international vouchers, and not the US ones (unless your in the US of course) otherwise their useless.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

No bad reports for myself - bought an A+ voucher about 3 weeks ago - $144 cost me £76.04 :D
    Voucher came via e-mail about 4 hours later.

You pay via worldpay so if you feel anything dodgy, you can claim back via them - but as I said, no bad reports here.
    I'll be buying my next voucher from them shortly.

Good luck for when you take the exam.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Big thank you for the advice, and the good luck. Will need it!

Rgds

Rosie

5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

no probs from me either - Good luck with your exam

6. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Thx.

Rosie

7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Preplogic.com has the cheapest vouchers I came accross so far.

Take a look

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Thx. I'll do that.

Rgds

Rosie

9. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

As said, great service from get certify4less. This is the page to order from for A+ if you're International:

http://www.getcertify4less.com/aplusint.asp

And it's a good time to buy because of the strength of the pound against the dollar! :biggrin

Good luck in your exams! :thumbleft

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  10. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Hi,

Belated big thank you to all for the advance and good luck. Booked my exams with Vue online for mid May - vouchers purchased thru certify4less. All appeared to go smoothly so well worth investigating for those thinking ahead.

Knees are knocking already. Crumbs, been 20 odd years since sitting exams. Does everyone have this apprehension of 'have I learnt enough?'

Rgds

Rosie

11. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

go through the objectives throughly, and make sure you know all of what is required, which will help immensly...

Also, have a play of this game...

12. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Hi,

Thx for the tip. Hopefully, just under a month gives me adequate time to go through the objectives.

Had a quick go of the first chapter of the game you suggested. Haven't seen this before. Read the book and thoroughly enjoyed it, albeit a number of typos (noticed that often in the 4 books I've read - wish people would proof read them properly before print especially when they refer to diagrams that don't match!).

Deep breath and page the Oracle. Thx again.

Rgds

Rosie

13. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Good luck - use the time to revise and try practice questions and you'll be fine on the day.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  14. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Big thank you. I'm working through MMs Passport, lab sims and notes so eyes all over the place. I'll compare with the objectives so hopefully it will cover everything.

Rgds

Rosie

15. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Good luck Rosie:thumbleft

Is this the 2003 or 2006 objectives exams your taking?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  16. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Hi,

2003. I'm trying to work out at the moment what book is best to focus on. I really click with MM's Passport because of its concentrated form. I know the books can't cover absolutely everything but I find using this I absorb more. Trouble is, is this one book enough to cover all aspects? I have Exam Cram 2 also, but don't seem to get on as well. I can obviously compare Passport to the objectives as I revise

I'm utilising my notes (which seem to cover the hardware in greater volume, not surprisingly). OS is my weakness. Not that I don't understand; it's remembering the sequence to get to something and the variation in name change along the way with the different OSs. I'm sure if I keep hammering away at the labs it will help. Any ideas much appreciated though.

Thx for all the support; I really am very grateful.

Rgds

Rosie

17. Raffaz

I was the same as you, i found the OS stuff harder, especially the sequences stuff like you say. The way i learnt it was by using VMWare and setting up virtual OSes for each system. Then just spending some time actually playing round with them so it all sticks (it never sticks when i read a book). It is confusing tho trying to remember the routes for each system.tho.

18. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Hi,

Don't wish it on anyone, but glad I'm not alone. Heard of your suggestion, but know nothing about it. Could you advise me what's involved and how I can look into it?

The labs are ok, but don't do much for me.

Big thank you.

Rgds

Rosie

19. Raffaz

Well to setup virtual machines, you have 2 main options. You can run Virtual PC (free from MS) or you can use VMWare. To set them up, you basically install the software, and then install each OS, you do need the OS discs to do this tho (they can all be picked up off ebay for pennies now). Heres some links for the software.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...DC0B40A73B6&displaylang=en#QuickInfoContainer
    http://www.vmware.com/products/beta/ws/

You can read up more on these in the virtual computing section, theres tons of good advice there.

20. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Hi,

Thx so much. I'll take a look. Did you choose WMWare for a reason, or are they much the same? I have Windows 98 so it's a case of getting hold of 2000. I'll have a nosey around on ebay. Is it worth getting Windows 95?

Very grateful.

Rgds

Rosie