A+ Exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by Peter, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

Can anyone tell me how many questions are in the hardware exam and software,

Certifications: Elec & Eelc Eng A+
    WIP: CCNA-CCNP
  2. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

80 questions in each Peter, 90mins for each exam,

3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

the actual number can vary for the A+. the tests are adaptive. if you answer a question right, the test will ask you another harder question on the same topic, if you answer that one right, it will move on to another subject. if you answer the first one wrong, it will ask a couple of easier questions to allow you to make up some points.

so the number will vary depending on how well you can answer your questions!

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that the A+ exam was no longer adaptive. It was when I took it, but I heard that they switched to a fixed number of questions afterwards. You should be able to verify this on the link I'm providing below:

http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/glancebox.aspx

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Fergal1982

Nope, as far as i was aware and can tell, its still adaptive. it certainly says so in the literature i have from last year. also note that on that link, and in the FAQ, the comptia website states

meaning that the actual number isnt defined!

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  6. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  7. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

Thanx for that guys.:D

Certifications: Elec & Eelc Eng A+
    WIP: CCNA-CCNP
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

The exact number of questions can be defined in different versions of the test and still not be adaptive. For example, each MS exam has numerous different versions. It pulls different questions out of the database when it loads so you are guarenteed not to get exactly the same set of questions if you take the exam more than once. There can also be a slightly different number of questions.

Adaptive means that depending on how you answer one question, you will get either a less or more challenging question for your next choice. The test will end either earlier or later depending on how you've answered the questions

I took the A+ when it was adaptive and it ended so abruptly, I thought I had either failed or something was wrong with the program (I passed, actually).

Not trying to give you a hard time, Fergal, but I do know that the adaptive A+ test was retired after I took mine.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

yeah, it's definately 80 questions in 90mins, Comptia not adaptive

10. Fergal1982

ah right fairy nuff i spose. i was mainly just going on the books i have (meyers and the books a got from one of the course providers) which still state that its adaptive.

Fergal