A+ Exam 220-301

Discussion in 'A+' started by robbo1962, Mar 22, 2007.

1. robbo1962

robbo1962 Byte Poster

OK finally time to bite the bullet and give it a go, have booked this exam for next Thursday and would like to ask those who have taken it a few questions. I have been using Mike Meyers A+ and Exam Cram 2 to study from and find the tests provided quite different,which one would you say the actual test is closer to.( i dont want actual questions just an opinion) Secondly if met with a question concerning mains voltages would the correct answer be for UK voltages or US voltages. Thanks Gary

Certifications: A+
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Best of luck mate.

Dont remember anything about voltages in the exam although you might want to make a note of what the small switch on the back of the PSU does. (not the on\off switch by the way!)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

The few times I've seen questions on mains voltages they were worded in such a way that the country didn't matter - you just had to know the results of having that switch in the wrong position.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. Morne Louw

Morne Louw Byte Poster

Most of my questions where customer services not much hardware never mind voltages some printer questions

Certifications: ECDL, OCN Level 2 HTML, A+,MCDST,70-270
    WIP: MCSA/MCSE
  5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Those are the books I used when I took my A+ 220-301 exam last Tuesday. I agree with Morne Louw there's a lot of questions on customer service, and health safety such as disposing of equipment. Make sure you know you Error codes and IRQ's as well as printers and networking and cables and connectors and you should be OK

Good Luck:thumbleft

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  6. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

When you say error codes what do you mean? Surely there are millions of the buggers....

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  7. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

not windoes stop error codes, but the BIOS beep codes and im not too sure whether the list varies slightly.