a+ description

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by pj, Jan 30, 2007.

1. pj

pj Bit Poster

guys, need a little help please. how would you describe the a+ cert for the purpose of a cv.

thanks

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+ CCNA
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Entry-level certification aimed at PC technicians with less than a years experience. Topic covered include Hardware,Software,Printers,Networks and Operating Systems.

8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I don't know how CVs are in the UK, but I simply list my A+ certification without description. In my opinion, if an IT company or IT manager doesn't know what the A+ is, you probably shouldn't work there.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

CompTIA's A+ certification demonstrates proven knowledge of core hardware and operating system technologies including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and basic networking.

5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I got asked it in my interview, for a department with CCNAs, Degrees and Masters. It's a trick question IMO, and they want to identify what you think you know.

I used a spiel along the lines of CompTIAs advertising:

A vendor-neutral certification that reinforces my knowledge as an experienced casual technician; it builds on my experience working with and troubleshooting predominant forms of hardware and software, and basic installation of wired and wireless LANs.

e, Voila! (yes they gave me the job)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

In an interview, yes, be prepared to answer anything... but list details of the A+ on my CV? No way... that's wasted space that I *could* be using to sell my skills.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!