A decision made! (and a bit about Jessica Fletcher & Satan)

Discussion in 'A+' started by Leighgough, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Leighgough

Leighgough New Member

Well I first wanted to say a quick thanks to cert forums in general as I have found it bar far one of the most useful websites I have come accross in some time so :cheers

Secondly, I have decided that I am going to study for the A+ exams and to do this from home, so my next step is shopping for study material. Everything I have read tells me that I should go for the Mike Myers book (does anyone have an ISBN number handy, that way I can be sure to get the correct edition), any other suggestions you think I might find useful will be most appreciated.

Thirdly and perhaps the most important thing to say is I need help! My girlfriend is addicted to watching "Murder she wrote" and I am sure that Jessica Fletcher is related to Satan :twisted: . I have tried everything I can to convince her to stop but it is to no avail, and worse now she tells me season two is due out on DVD shortly. I am at a loss on what my next step should be :cry:

I look forward to your insightful suggestions!

Certifications: Working on this!
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Here is the link :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Don't deter her - the more she is addicted, the more time you have to devote to your PCs and the A+. :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Leighgough

Leighgough New Member

Ah thats a new way to look at it! I like your style, every cloud a has a silver lining and all that :D

Thanks for the link.

Certifications: Working on this!
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Apparently, I am married and have a child 7 years of age. I thought it was just some minor disturbance downstairs :tongue

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

ROFLMAO @ jak :lolbang

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

LOL - I have 3 of them supposedly ....j/k

Actually I get to see the kids for a reasonable time during a reasonable time of day [they are reasonable not asleep or grumpy] - as I live near work so can pop back home or pickup from school.

As for evening computer time the wife and kids are in bed early so I get to study or play games.

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  8. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

A perplexing mystery solved no less!Those other poeple that permanently occupy the bathroom?Wife and 2 house-apes,dammit!

Well done on deciding to follow your A+ 8) .Be aware that it seems likely,though as yet unnoficial,that CompTia will introduce a new exam in the coming months,based on the release of Mike Meyers 6th edition book in September.If you want to take the 2003 objective exams then you will have several months in which to do so,which is acheivable with sufficient study and experience.Failing that,I would consider obtaining the new edition study material and prep yourelf for the upcoming new objective exams.

Keep an eye on the CompTia site for official news on the new exams and good luck with your studies.

Certifications: A+ Network+