A + courses

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by alsheppard, Oct 7, 2005.

1. alsheppard

alsheppard Bit Poster

Hi I've just came across this superb website, what a great asset you have here.

I have just finished uni and passed fine but i am having real trouble find a job. I am computer alliterate and confident that i am employable i just don't have the an industry recognised qualification.

I am thinking about the A + cert but unsure if this is a good carer path. I would really like to open my own computer shop would the A + be one step in the right direction. And what kind of jobs and pay would i most likely to expect if i pass.

Thanks for your time

Adam L Sheppard

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Adam - good to have you here. Quick answer - yes, A+ is the bottom rung. On it's own it most likely won't open huge doors for you, nor bring the golden pay cheque you're after. However, it will provide the basis for greater things, depneding where you want to progress into, and the hardware and tech skills you will learn will be with you right up to you open the xxth branch of "Adam's PC repairs".

Hang around, read around and ask around CF - you will learn a lot more than I can impart in just one post. In the meantime, maybe you could swing by our New Members forum with a more general intro to you - it's always easier to help when we know a little about you :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Adam. Welcome to CertForums. While I don't see the A+ as a career path in and of itself, most folks seem to use it as a foundation to build on. I'd recommend it since it does cover basic hardware, operating systems (well...Windows anyway) and a little bit of networking. You could use it to launch yourself in a variety of directions depending on your desires.

Since you mention wanting to open a computer shop, the A+ cert seems to be a natural starting point. If you haven't already, check out the A+ forum here at CF. Chances are, a lot of your questions have already been answered there. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi Adam,

I agree with what gav and trip have already said.

Oh, welcome! glad you found us - please stay. :D

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Don't normally do this here but

Welcome to the forums :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. alsheppard

alsheppard Bit Poster

WOW, Thanks guys i didn't expect such a warm welcome. :D :biggrin

I'm gonna head over to the A + forum see you there.

Adam

7. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

hi adam and welcome to the forums mate! :biggrin

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+