A+ "choose all that apply" type questions

Discussion in 'A+' started by rico2005, Feb 21, 2005.

1. rico2005

rico2005 Bit Poster

Hi,

I've been doing quite a lot of practice tests for my A+ exam and find that there are always questions which ask you to choose all answers which apply. I'm assuming the real A+ exam has these types of questions?

If I get a question like this and say for example there are two correct answers. If I get one of them correct and the other one wrong, or if I simply only give one correct answer but omit to give the other one - does that mean I get the whole question wrong or do I get credit for what I got correct?

Hope that question makes sense!? :blink

Thanks,

Richard

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Richard,

As far as I recall ('twas a long time ago) it's pretty much all or nothing. If you get any part of the question incorrect, its marked as a wrong answer.

Sorry it maybe aint the news you wanted to hear, but it at least answers your question.

HTH :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Gav is correct. You have to give the exact correct answer. No credit for being partially correct, I'm afraid.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. rico2005

rico2005 Bit Poster

Thanks for clarifying that guys. I seem to be having problems with these types of questions in my preparation for the exam. More studying required...

Richard

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome to the club. These are harder questions because they require you to think in terms of multiple options rather than a single solution. They also reduce your ability to accurately "guess" the right answer. They are designed to test what you actually know about the subject. A sure fire defense here is to practice as much hands-on with PCs as possible. When I took the A+, I found that as I was answering the questions, I wasn't so much remembering what I read as what I did.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. NeoDude

NeoDude New Member

Those questions get right on my paps! :x