A+ Certificate

Discussion in 'A+' started by Adrian.Popescu, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

I just reveived my A+ certificate today and i must say i am really disappointed on the way it looks. I was reading another thread on this topic and there were many people that said they should forget the small tool kit and improve the way the certificate looks, which i totally agree with. The ID card is preety poor allso (was expecting something more like hard plastic rather than a small piece of carton). Ah well....it's about what you know not about that piece of paper but they could of definitely put a little more effort in.

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

For £160 notes the least I expect is a nice shiny certificate and a plastic card... :rolleyes:

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Yeah, the same goes for MS certs also.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The certificate isn't the important part... the certification is the important part. After all, you're not gonna take your certificates with you to an interview...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Kitkatninja

Ah, but it is a psychological thing. If a person pays x amount for a exam, passes it & gets the new cred, it's great to get a nice looking cert (especially when us old timers who have received the old style certs which are alot better looking).

It's like the good old days when you bought Dos 5 or 6, it came in a box and by the content and the weight, you felt as the money you just spend was worth it. Now a days a thin CD that weights practically nothing for double the cost :( Ah, sometimes I miss those days...

However I do agree with what you said about
    BTW, the last few interviews I went to actually required me to take in my certs.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  6. BosonMichael

Only because you work for a training center that displays them. Most employers would just view the electronic version for confirmation.

I've got 16 of my certificates on my wall at work. When I get a more important one, I move one off the 4x4 grid.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Show off :rolleyes:

If I *had* a wall... I still wouldn't put the A+ and N+ on it. I actually keep mine in my National Record of Achievement folder (anyone else remember or still use theirs!?!) just in case I'm asked to produce them for any reason...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  8. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

yeah i still have mine, I still get it out of the drawer every now and again just because it smells so nice :lol: plus I have all of my certificates from my apprenticeship/NVQ wedged in it

WIP: A+
  9. BosonMichael

Is this the wrong time to say that I've got more off the grid than on it? 8)

10. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Quality, Mr Boson, not quantity. It's not the size (or number) that counts.

Now go write me some decent practise questions for 70-271 :cracking

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  11. BosonMichael

Didn't I just say I only display the quality ones? :twisted:

Fund the cost of 70-271 development, and we'll do it. :D

12. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

I agree the certification counts, but as Wargnek said, and i also believe in: It's all psychological :) so they should make them better. My opinion...

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  13. BosonMichael

Print up your own! :) Just a thought. Unfortunately, I have no artistic design ability... the ones currently provided are much better than anything I could design!

14. Kitkatninja

I only work for a training centre part-time in the evenings (however this year I'm taking off), I've been to several IT manager interviews (in non-educational settings) that have asked for the certs.

Use to display all my certs on the wall at work, but no only 3 remain. I kept on knocking them down and couldn't be bothered to hang them back up, lol.

-Ken

15. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Mine looked pants too, but I am not really bothered as long as I passed thats good enough for me.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  16. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I've got my A+, Net+, MCTS and MCITP on my office wall at home. I left my MCP and MCDST in the folder, because they're 'pants'.

The big issue I have is that I cannot find a frame to fit exactly... :(

17. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

How is A+ classed as wall-worthy and MCDST 'pants'? :x

*sigh*

My suggestion? Get a bigger wall. :p

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  18. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

The certificate, not the certification... the MCDST certificate is naff... naff... naff...

And, I do have a BIG wall... in fact, several of them... it's called a house. 8)

19. BosonMichael

I can see putting up the A+ and leaving off the MCP simply because the MCP is a subset of the certifications on his wall (same reason why I don't list the MCP in my sig). But the MCDST isn't, and I'd proudly display it (as I do in my sig).

20. jatpunjabi

jatpunjabi New Member

BT use better paper to bill their customers