1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A+ Certificate Just Arrived

Discussion in 'A+' started by shep, Jun 2, 2005.

1. shep

shep Bit Poster

I was getting worried if this would ever turn up but I got it through the post yesterday. I passed on 21/4/05 so it took about 6 weeks. I don't know if this is typical but I guess the advice is be patient and in the meantime make sure you keep your test centre print out in good nick in case an employer wants some proof.

When I booked the exam with Prometric I spoke to a Dutch girl and now the certificate from CompTIA has arrived from Malmo in Sweden. Its all come together through a very roundabout route!
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, ITIL Foundation v3, HP Server Accredited
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I was only thinking the other day if mine would be quicker than the quoted six weeks :dry
    Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Steady, lads. Shep, it arrived. Be happy. :) Boyce, your day will come. :wink:
    Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Flamehearted

Flamehearted Nibble Poster

I mean it takes a long time to make a certificate.

First the paper has to be made by egyptian papyrus makers.

Then the people at comptia hand write every one lovingly in caligraphy with gold ink.

It then passes through a strict 4 stage quality control program.

Finally it is sent out to you by a horse back courrier who sings a congratulatory song when he arrives at your door.

So now you know why it takes 6 weeks.... :blink
    Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Come on Trip, don't tell me you weren't waiting on the mail man bringing yours when you passed .......? :tongue

Oh wait ......you WERE the mail man !!! :blink

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Actually, my letter carrier approached me (I was working on the back dock as a mail handler at the time) and asked me if I wanted it delivered or if he should just give it to me. As you know, it comes in a rigid, cardboard mailer and he didn't want to bend it trying to get it in my mailbox. Naturally, I took it quick as lightning and rushed it out to my car for safekeeping. :biggrin
    Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

I must admit, gettin your first Cert Certificate in your hands feels great. Make's it all the more real. :D
    Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  8. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I was wondering when my A+ would arrive. According to CompTIA's website it was posted about 3 weeks ago.

I just hope the guy swimming across the Atlantic with it manages to keep it balanced on top of his head, I don't want a wet one!!
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada