1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Brief Introduction

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by mrfotheringham, Nov 4, 2009.

1. mrfotheringham

mrfotheringham New Member

Hello everyone.

Joined the forum today and already read some interesting threads and posts.
    I have joined as I am due to start an IT Essentials course on Fri 6/11. I have chosen the CompTia A+ route with Cisco accreditation, customer service modules and Software installation rather than MSCDT. And I have lined up a training provider.
    I will be studying at my local FE college Telford College of Arts and Technology if anyone's interested. The course lasts 34 weeks one day a week.
    I have been running Ubuntu 9.04 since June and have just done the new upgrade.
    Any advice welcome

Fothers

2. Mr.Kamwah

Mr.Kamwah Bit Poster

Welcome, so you're going to TCAT? I went to Ercall Wood which is just down the road from there about 3-4 years back, that secondary school is the most IT advanced school i've EVER seen.

I'd personally do what you're doing and the MCDST that way it'll open up a few more doors.

WIP: A+
  3. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

What is "the A+ course with Cisco accreditation"? Is that an A+ course that Cisco recommends? Or an A+ course with a Cisco course attached to it? Because Cisco is wholly different from CompTIA's A+. The A+ is worth doing at the start of your career; you should hold off on any Cisco certifications (CCNA, CCNP, etc.) until you've been in the industry for quite a while.

I'd recommend the A+, Network+, and MCDST... and no further certifications until you've built some experience. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!

5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)