a bit of a problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by KrissKross, May 13, 2005.

1. KrissKross

KrissKross Bit Poster

Ran into a bit of a problem lads, and would appreciate it if you could help.
    well I got a box with win2k pro and win 2k server and windows XP all installed on the same partitions (NTFS ), a small 4 gig.....dont ask me why I have squeezed in all this on a system that can barely breath .. it just happended :)

what I am trying to do is to get ride of the win2k client and server without disturbing the xp version.

Thank you

Certifications: N+, 210,215,216
    WIP: 218
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

In what order were they installed, krisskross ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Are the three on seperate partition son the same drive ? If so you should just be able to log on to the XP install, delete the other two partitions from Disk Management, then remove the entries to them from within boot.ini

Have a look HERE for details on how to edit boot.ini.

HTH :)

4. KrissKross

KrissKross Bit Poster

As I said they are all in the same partition jakamoko

if I remember wel, they were installed in the following order win2k win2kserver then xp.

Certifications: N+, 210,215,216
    WIP: 218
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Firstly, boot to your XP CD, then see if it picks up the other 2 and gives you the option to delete them. Other than that, see if you get distinguishable Windows folders in Explorer from within XP. If you do then you should (I take no liability for loss of files or data here) be able to remove them. Either way you'll most likely still have to edit boot.ini, so see above.