1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A big thanks

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Cockles, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Hey everyone

Just wanted to take the opportunity to say a big thank you to all who have helped me over the past few months

I started studying for A+ about September time. Then, I could (with some difficulty) remove a PC case, roughly identify what some bits were, then not do much else apart from look smug that I was sitting in front of a bunch of wires and waving a screwdriver around.

Now, I have been able to locate, purchase and install brand new RAM, a new PSU and GPU and get my whole system running a damn sight faster, and on top of that assist friends of mine by installing anti-spyware software, virus software and firewalls, clean up laptops and increase performance and help people choose the correct components (which was a major fear of mine) for system upgrades.

I know that in the grand scheme of things these are everyday occurences to a professional tech, but to a learner these are big steps. So, to those of you that have assisted my studies, I salute you.

Cockles

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Well Done mate - its good to see the you are learning and improving your skills! :thumbleft

3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

You did the work mate, we're just along for the ride. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Cockles,

Pat yourself on the back. Good luck for all future cert's :thumbleft :D

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT