1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bad day

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by EMacd, Mar 18, 2005.

1. EMacd

EMacd Bit Poster

Do you ever feel that you shouldn't have got out of bed in the morning? A story of woe to share with you all.

I slept in this morning and was late...well later than usual. The roadworks didn't help an the way in.

Got a big list of jobs to do out in the schools so off I went. Got to the first school looking for a PC that had been taken into the workshop a couple of days before - I wish people would update calls.

And then I killed a server.

Do'h. :oops:

A tape had got stuck in the tape drive so I was trying the trick of holding the eject button down while powering up the drive without downing the server. To do that I had to open the case, so I pulled the server forward and the power lead got trapped behind. I was sat there wondering why everything had gone quiet :rolleyes:
    Anyway, I tried holding the eject button down as the server booted, but the drive was knackered. Just before I left to get a new DAT drive, I checked the server. The VOL1 HDD had decided to die on me. At this point the floor could have opened up and I would have been quite happy. As it was I'm glad that that particular school does backup regularly.
    There's a motto there, somewhere....

And I got stuck in the roadworks on the way home too.

Ach well, off for beer now to wash away my cares (and reality).

2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I know exactly what you mean about a bad day mate. I hope the beers help a little.:alc
    Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

To quote the great philosopher Cmdr Will Riker:

"Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you".

Have another beer on me. :wink:
    Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. AJ

AJ Administrator Administrator

ahh man well it could have been worse. The restore could have screwed as well :ohmy
    Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Looking at doing ..................
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Lucky white heather ...? :cry:

Who cares now, EmacD - it's the weekend - cheers :beers2
    Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity