A bad day

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by EMacd, Mar 18, 2005.

1. EMacd

EMacd Bit Poster

Do you ever feel that you shouldn't have got out of bed in the morning? A story of woe to share with you all.

I slept in this morning and was late...well later than usual. The roadworks didn't help an the way in.

Got a big list of jobs to do out in the schools so off I went. Got to the first school looking for a PC that had been taken into the workshop a couple of days before - I wish people would update calls.

And then I killed a server.

Do'h. :oops:

A tape had got stuck in the tape drive so I was trying the trick of holding the eject button down while powering up the drive without downing the server. To do that I had to open the case, so I pulled the server forward and the power lead got trapped behind. I was sat there wondering why everything had gone quiet :rolleyes:
    Anyway, I tried holding the eject button down as the server booted, but the drive was knackered. Just before I left to get a new DAT drive, I checked the server. The VOL1 HDD had decided to die on me. At this point the floor could have opened up and I would have been quite happy. As it was I'm glad that that particular school does backup regularly.
    There's a motto there, somewhere....

And I got stuck in the roadworks on the way home too.

Ach well, off for beer now to wash away my cares (and reality).

Cheers!

2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I know exactly what you mean about a bad day mate. I hope the beers help a little.:alc

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

To quote the great philosopher Cmdr Will Riker:

"Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you".

Have another beer on me. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

ahh man well it could have been worse. The restore could have screwed as well :ohmy

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Lucky white heather ...? :cry:

Who cares now, EmacD - it's the weekend - cheers :beers2

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity