a+ at london-college.com

Discussion in 'A+' started by MrsFlex, Apr 19, 2008.

1. MrsFlex

MrsFlex New Member

Hi

Have just seen that this training company are offering a course for a+ certifcation in just 5 days? Does this sound like a reasonable amount of practical and study time to achieve this? I have a couple of self study books on this certifcation and it just seems like a lot to cover in such a short time?

Anyone taken a course with them?

Thanks

Certifications: None
    WIP: MOS, A+
  2. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

I believe it can be done in five days,the course would need to be quite intensive though to cover the lot in 40 hours,i'd also think they'd expect you to study non stop after class too.
    As even if you are doing the 17 weeks [6 hours per week] at college there is a lot to read over and study before the next class,3 hours a week is roughly all we needed for actual content, which adds up to 51 hours.
    In college we did 11 weekly tests and two big exams,the 11 tests were roughly 20 questions each time which could be done in 15 to 20 minutes, focussing on what we had just been taught,and the two big exams consisted of about 70 questions each,we always got an hour for every test,so you can see where the college time went.
    There are 10 main subjects in the A+ ,although the course is split into 16 categories,the final six categories are an extension of the initial 10,say you have networking as one of those 10 categories,which it is,during the final part of the course you'll do advanced networking.
    I'd reckon they'd need to devote almost a whole day to networking as that is one of the most difficult parts of the course for a begineer.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  3. MrsFlex

MrsFlex New Member

Yes, I should think there will be a lot of study at home between classes, but that wouldn't be a problem. I just need to look into the training company a bit more to check their reputation.

Certifications: None
    WIP: MOS, A+
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Personally I think that if you have no IT experience in a commercial environment then the only way you would do the two exams need to pass the A+ in 5 days is by having this place give you braindumps or cheat sheets.

If you have a fair amount of experience (in a job) then it could be possible.

Welcome to CF.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?