1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A+ and Windows 7

Discussion in 'A+' started by cdrjameson, Sep 23, 2011.

1. cdrjameson

cdrjameson Bit Poster

I was wondering if anyone out there has recently taken and passed their A+ just using Mike Meyers AIO and the Prof. Messer videos.

I believe that the most recent 220-701 and 220-702 now include Winodws 7 and neither of the named resources cover it in any great detail. In fact Mike Meyers and Co can even justify releasing an Windows 7 update to the AIO to be released on 7 Oct 2011 (from Amazon)

I use a Windows 7 box as my main machine and have virtual box running for Vista/XP/2000; I have tried to mouse and click follow all the differences between windows versions, including Windows 7 where applicable so I feel fairly confident I'll nail the Windows 7 objectives but has anyone any contrary experience? i.e. the exam focused far more heavily on Windows 7 than the resources.

I am planning on taking my test beginning of Oct, I'll let you know how I get on...

P.S. I am just asking about the resources versus the exam and not trying to gauge my experience level against other successful A+ ers!
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

No, I haven't taken the exams in awhile and yes, they extensively cover Windows 7 content. I know because the last two A+ books I wrote (or more..I lose track of these things) required a lot of Windows 7 material.

I can see why Meyers published a smaller, separate book just on Windows 7 and the A+. A lot of publishers are doing this with hardcopy material to get it to market faster. O'Reilly is doing this with a vengeance.

Good luck with your studies and your A+ exams.
    Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Cassius

Cassius New Member

Thanks for mentioning this.

Im studying for the exam atm and up untill now have been entirely ignoring windows 7
  4. cdrjameson

cdrjameson Bit Poster

Now I am curious, which books have you written? and how many are needed to cause you to lose track? I have always wanted to write a book(fiction) but I know it would be pretty rubbish and I certainly wouldn't have the patience to write a technical book.
  5. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  6. cdrjameson

cdrjameson Bit Poster

Ah hah, Boffy the super-sleuth. And thanks to trip wire for his guidance, I might go out and get one of your books to read up about the windows 7 requirements.
  7. rpenri

rpenri New Member

I just passed both tests within the last few days and I didn't see ANY Win 7 questions at all. Vista, sure...but no Win 7.