1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A+ advice

Discussion in 'A+' started by jamessimo, May 15, 2008.

1. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Hi Alll

I currently do not work in the IT industry and I am looking to get into an entry level Helpdesk or Desktop support role . I have recently passed my MCDST and I am looking at A+

I wanted to get some thoughts on this, and is it hard? and is it multiple choice exams like the Microsoft exams ?

Many thanks

James

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  2. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Hello james,

If you have the ability to study and pass the MCDST you should be able to understand and learn the material in the A+

Yes the exams for the A+ are multiple choice similar to the ones you have taken.

N.B - Good choice on the A+ its a very good exam which will give you a wider understanding in this area.

Good luck:biggrin

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  3. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What Rafek said. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. mrobinson52

mrobinson52 Security Maven Gold Member

Hi James! Sorry to be so late answering this, but I rarely get to the forums because I am going the college route right now. I used to teach A+ certs and used to write a newsletter on the subject. A+ is a wonderful foundation for any other certs.

I found that a lot of the stuff in the MS and Cisco studies I have done made so much more sense because I knew the hardware and basic software from A+. The exams I took were adaptive, but now they have gone back to being a set number of questions, and they are very similar to the other vendor certs you have already taken.

I wish you well on your endeavors! Tech is not an easy field, but it can be a very rewarding one. I recommend the All-In-One A+ study guide by Mike Meyers. It is widely considered the best prep book on the market for A+.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCSA:Security, Security+
    WIP: CISSP