A+ ADVICE PLEASE

Discussion in 'A+' started by Steven, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Steven

Steven Bit Poster

Please read above post

thanks

2. fish79

fish79 New Member

Hi there,

I think we are in very similar situation:), I am also trying to get a job in I.T, same age as you and have worked in an office environment for 8 years.

From the advice I got on this forums, Comptia A+ is the way to start. I suggest to forget those long distance learning, and take the self-study route, which I am studying at this moment.

I'll recommend 2 books to study Mike Meyer's All in one Comptia A+ Certification Exam Guide 6th edition and P.C Technician Street smarts for some hands on experience. Meyer's book is an excellent book to learn the basic concepts, and covers all you need to know. You will also need an old P.C to take apart and put back together, this is the cheapest way to go, at roughly £150.

Also take your time to learn, I thought this was going to be easy certification but there is lots of concepts and technical details to learn. Mike Meyer's book recommends 200hours study if you are new to I.T.

regards