1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A+ 2009

Discussion in 'A+' started by Evilwheato, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

I couldn't see a topic on here- but I've been reading about the new Comptia 2009 objectives. I've booked my Essentials Exam so that I can complete it before the new objectives come in. However, how long would I have to take my IT Technician Exam?

Does anyone know if they introduce the exams immediately (say 1st Jan) or do they offer people a couple of weeks to take the old exams?

I think I read somewhere that you have to take the two exams on the same objectives- and don't want to book one exam if I have to do it again ;)

2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

The 2009 objectives for the A+ are currently only proposed, we only got the invite to participate in the survey 4 days ago, so nothing has been finalised yet. I believe that they will be finalised by the first quarter of next year (but don't quote me).

My guess-timate would be that you'll have about a 3 month period to complete the A+ once the objectives are finalised, but this is based on pervious actions and not based on Comptia policy. Normally, Comptia gives a cross-over period between the new version and the old version - this gives training providers (both private and educational establishments) time to finish off the courses that they run.

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

Thanks a lot! Puts me at ease :)
    I'll get through this exam then book the other in January.

4. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Thought i read somewhere that the CompTIA A+ 2009 Exams are going 'Live' in June/July 2009?

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  5. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

That sounds about right, the e-mail survey's goes out about Dec time, the SME workshops are in Jan, they finalise the objectives in Mar/Apr time and then the exam goes live about that time (provided everything goes smoothly).

On the same note, if anyone want to become a SME for the A+ 2009, see here. I can't make it as the workshops are in the US. Being a SME may bring a couple of perks, I received a free exam voucher wth IC3 when I was one for them :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip