1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A+2009 Exams

Discussion in 'A+' started by hussainwadiwalla, Aug 6, 2010.

1. hussainwadiwalla

hussainwadiwalla Bit Poster

Hi all,

I have just finished studying A+2009 by Mike Meyers, the cd that comes with the book only contains sample exam questions. To buy the full package it will cost £47 from www.totalsem.com.

I am wondering what other members have used to pass the exams? is it worth buy it or something free is better?

Regards,

Hussain

Look forward to hearing. Thanks.

Certifications: A+, Network+
  2. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I can't speak to the A+ practice tests from total seminars but I can vouch for the Net+ practice tests from them and I thought they were quite good and worth the money. Of course I really didn't pay much for the practice tests as I bought them bundled with a Net+ discount voucher.

There are a few legitimate (legal) free practice tests out there but not many. The old saying that you get what you pay for applies. If you really want to get a feel for whether or not you are ready for the tests get a legit practice test from one of the well known companies like Boson, transcender, total sem.....

I don't think I used a practice test other than what came with the book I used to study for the A+ but that was a long time ago and back when the A+ consisted of a hardware and a OS section if I remember correctly. So I don't necessarily recommend doing that!

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  3. hussainwadiwalla

hussainwadiwalla Bit Poster

Thanks for the advice. I will consider buying from totalsem.com, i live in the UK, so i am wondering if there is any difference in the questions? I am guessing only on the voltage section maybe.

Rgds,

Hussain

Certifications: A+, Network+
  4. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

I also bought the Meyers N+ voucher and used the 700 practice questions to help me! I can't comment on the A+ since I have never seen them. It was good to have so many questions to help but I thought that the explanations of the answers on the Meyers questions were quite slim. Many other vendors do a better job in explaining the answers. Actually, I always spend a lot more on practice exams then reference material. To me, the exams are just an extension and reinforcement of the reference material. I have used: uCertify, Preplogic, Transcender, Meyers Total Sem (N+ mentioned above), MeasureUP (usually with Exam Cram books), ProProfs website exams, CompTIA even has some practice questions, and probably other free ones. Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to try the Boson ones which many on this site speak highly of (and two of their employees are regular contributors here).

Good luck!

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  5. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Huh? What? Did someone call my name? :D

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!