A+ 2006, IT Technician Exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by nXPLOSi, Jun 25, 2007.

1. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Hello guys,

After passing my Essentials exam and then setting off for Turkey for a week, im now back and ready to go for the 2nd exam, IT Technician!

From what I can see the exam is much the same as the 601, just covers the the topics in more detail, and is generally thought to be harder then the 601.

Does anyone have any experience with this exam? Or have any opinions that could help?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I don't...well, not directly. Just here to day, enjoy yourself in Turkey and good luck on the exam. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Im just starting out on the Technicians mate, and to be honest not finding it as hard, proberly as the 601 studying has put quite a bit of foundation down already, but i guess exam time will be the pudding proof lol

Good luck with it, if you ever need to/want to chat it over drop in a line :@)

Certifications: A+ Essentails, A+ Technician , MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I agree it doesnt seem to be hard, thats what worries me! :)

I mean i've used the Meyers 6th edition which covers all exams, and i've read it all the way through, so i guess i've already done the major parts.. might do a Transcender tonight and see how I get on! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I've just started reading the Mike Meyers book :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

Past it last month & was surprised that it didn't seem as hard as 601.

However, that maybe the fact that you have already like you said "laid the foundations" + you sort of get use to the "flavour of CompTIA exam qustions.

Come to think of it I'm sure I had a couple of the same questions in each exam :eek:

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  7. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

im reading passages in my book thinking some of the essentail questions exactly about this so im not surprised mate, luck us i say lol

Certifications: A+ Essentails, A+ Technician , MCDST
    WIP: MCSE