A+ 2006; Guidance & advice appreciated

Discussion in 'A+' started by The Watcher, Jan 16, 2007.

1. The Watcher

The Watcher New Member

Hi

1st post: I am looking for some idea of a realistic schedule to work to for A+ certification (2006 version; A+ Essentials & 220-602 IT Technician) prior to moving onto Network +

I am lucky enough to have been given the budget to attend a tutor led training course prior to taking the exams, and aim to take the 5 day essentials course in 10 weeks time, with the 5 day 220-602 course - 3 weeks after this.

I’ve never been a “crammer” or a “braindumper” type, my usual / optimal learning style is via classroom / tutor led, but with so much to cover in prep for the exam I want to make sure that I have allocated enough time in self study to retain all the information properly, using the course to fill the gaps, allow practice and prep me for the exams.

I aim to self study three full days a week for the 10 weeks in preparation for the essentials course / exam & have plenty of kit to play / build with etc. I have the new Sybex Deluxe Complete study guide and will also have access to the 2006 A+ GTS courseware too.

My question is; is this in your opinion a realistic schedule for taking on everything I need, not to just pass the exam, but to retain the information long term?

Thanx in advance for any feedback / opinions & advice

Certifications: Certified Section 8
    WIP: A+ (2006) then Network+, then CCNA
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

It reall depends on your experience and how quickly you can learn. From what you have said, I would say, yes it is.

Best of luck, post whenever you need help.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sounds reasonable to me! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. tas121

tas121 Nibble Poster

it all depends on how quick u learn things. im studying A+ too and i devote around 2 hours everyday study time which aint too much or too less

WIP: A+,mcp.mcdst,mcsa
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Sounds ok to me assuming you're a fast learner. Don't forget to get plenty of practical labs in. The only way you'll retain the information is to use it building, tearing apart, and troubleshooting PCs.

BTW...welcome to CF. :)

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF mate!

Sounds like a good plan to me too.

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

Hey, welcome to CF. Sounds like a reasonable schedule. But YOU gotta make it work!

Certifications: CompTIA A+ & Network+
    WIP: MCSA: 70-270