71-622

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by zimbo, Nov 30, 2006.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Ok I wanted to ask something to you guys who have done the beta. If i take the beta is it like taking an MS exam? Pass/Fail or is it just for MS to see if they have the right exam content? What im asking is will you be a MCTS in Vista if you pass this?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

1) They're sorta like normal exams, except they sometimes have many more questions (depends on the beta).

2) It is Pass/Fail, but you won't get the results immediately - they're sent to you approximately 8 weeks later. And yes, MS is checking to see if they've got good exam content.

3) If you take 71-620 (beta for 70-620 that has already come and gone), you're an MCTS in Vista. I think 71-622 is one of the two exams for whatever the MCDST is becoming.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Ok thanks.

But the next question is to become and MCITP dont you need to become a MCTS first?

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yes, but it's not as simple as that. Microsoft has made the acronym soup very confusing, especially during this transition time between the old and new certification tracks. I would recommend that you look at Microsoft's Web site for specific answers, because there's not just a single MCTS certification... it's MCTS: insert specialty name. There are currently 8 MCTS certifications, and that's not even counting the new Vista ones!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

ok thanks mike! i think ill look into it! :biggrin