71-620 Vista, Configuring

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by zcapr17, Oct 29, 2006.

1. zcapr17

zcapr17 Nibble Poster

Hi,

I've been invited to take the new Windows Vista exam which will be in beta for the next few weeks. I'm seriously considering doing it although I'm having trouble finding any useful study materials.

Does anyone know of any good materials for Vista yet, or do you have any general advice for preparing for beta exams.

Thanks,

Z.

Certifications: MCSE:2K3 MCTS:Vista VCPv3 ITILv3 Sec+ L+
    WIP: MCITP Enterprise Admin 2008, CCA
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

How did you manage to get an invite? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

i have seen the MSPress book for vista but i dont think its for an exam but rather just a guide...

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I don't thaink that there is any material out there yet, infact many of the people who will be taking this beta exam are the people who will write the exam prep material.

The best way to prepare for a beta exam is to have extensively used the beta versions of the products.

@Sparky: As far as I know you have tow ways to do this exam, one is the normal way and register for it through Prometric / VUE, but you will have no way of knowing how you got on for a good few months and it will cost you, or two which is get an invite to sit it from MS, to be in with the chance of getting an invite you have to subscribe to a weekly MS email, can't remember what its called at the min though.

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. McMuffin

McMuffin Bit Poster

I was invited a couple of weeks ago, although when I tried to book the exam on the day I was invited, the promo code had reached its limit.

After a short conversation with Microsoft, I was informed that it was limited to the first 100 people. :(

Oh and this is my first post! 8)

Certifications: 2k3 MCSA:M,70-293,70-294,70-237,70-238
    WIP: 70-236,70-297,70-431,CCNA
  7. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

welcome to CF! :)

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  8. aw69

aw69 Byte Poster

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+ Network+
  9. gomcse2002

gomcse2002 Nibble Poster

If you are waiting for your exam results from 71-620, you're not the only one... unfortunately. Usually beta testers will get their results in advance of the exam going live, but in this case something funky happened and beta results are delayed. Apologies for anyone who is waiting on their scores. Here's the official word:

"Thank you for participating in the beta exam 71-620. Typically we do have your scores available prior to the launch of the live exam, however our exam development team is currently researching on items that have detained the availability of your scores. We are working to provide you either an ETA of your scores or when they will be available. Thank you for your patience."

Certifications: MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCAS, A+, N+, S+, i+
    WIP: MCITP Windows 2008 server
  10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Do you know if this has just affect the 71-620 or has it spread to the rest of the beta exams (for example the 71-261)? As I'm waiting for my results.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. split-horizon

split-horizon Banned

Do you guys think, its better to pass this exam? i don't think there is any real implimentation of this exam for another 2 years. just need your opinions

Certifications: CISSP,MCSA,MCSE,A+,N+, Security+,CCNA
    WIP: CISA
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Better to pass the exam than what? Not taking the exam?

What do you mean by "real implementation"?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Mike take it easy buddy... doubt we will be hearing from him soon... :rolleyes:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Was he banned when I posted that? Must have missed his antics. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Banned??????? Have i missed something?????

Kat:rolleyes:

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884