1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-682 Exam Question

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by djw, Jun 2, 2010.

1. djw

djw Nibble Poster

Hi,

I have a quick question that I am sure that someone will be able to answer quickly. If I take the 70-682 exam to upgrade the MCDST to MCITP-EDST, is that exam basically the 70-680? So say, if I wanted to do the MCITP-EDA would I only have to take the 70-686 exam?

Hope this makes sense :D.

Thanks,

D

Certifications: A+, MCDST
  2. KaplanIT Developer

KaplanIT Developer Bit Poster

Actually, the 70-682 upgrade is a combination of 70-680 (MCTS) & 70-685 (MCITP).

Correct - with a passing score on 70-682 and 70-686 you should attain the MCITP-EDA. Although, be sure to check your transcript after your pass. If it doesn't reflect the MCITP-EDA, the friendly folks at Microsoft will be happy to help you out. See more in Stephanie Jordan's comments here: http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/btl/...26/pssst-mcdst-s-70-682-is-now-available.aspx

Hope that helps & best of luck!

3. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

I was on the Microsoft Learning pages and couldnt find MS Press books for the 70-682 exam, is their any out there?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  4. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

70-682 is a combination of both 70-680 and 70-685, as was the case with the 70-621 for Vista.

So you'd need to prepare for these two

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  5. djw

djw Nibble Poster

Would I be correct in saying that if I pased the MCDST and then passed the 70-682 exam I would have the following certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST, MCTS (Win 7 Config)?

And would then only have to take the 70-686 exam to add MCITP-EDA to that list?

Many thanks,

D

6. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

First part is correct.
    Second part will be, once they have corrected the issue mentioned a few posts earlier :)

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  7. djw

djw Nibble Poster

Thats great. Thanks all for the help.

D