1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-680 USMT Question

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by shadowwebs, Jan 21, 2013.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Just a quick one, I think...

Looking at Chapter 4 of Don Poulton's book at the moment and it says to Install WAIK (which I have done), then to navigate to c:\program files\windows aik\tools\usmt\x86 (or amd64) and copy all the files to the USMT indicated to create in the previous step.

So I have done this, and then it says to modify any of the xml files as required... except there are no xml files in either the x86 or amd64 folders... hmmm

- - - Updated - - -

apologies, I have now put my eyes back in and I mis-read the folder location, I was going to c:\program files\windows aik\tools\x86 and not \usmt\x86, no wonder I couldn't see them, but now I can.

- - - Updated - - -

woop woop... first ever scanstate on USMT seems to have worked, it couldn't find config.xml but that's because it didn't exist so I worked out the error in the command and resolved. good bit of troubleshooting :)

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. parman05

parman05 Byte Poster

Nice work. Glad you got it figured out. Usmt is a great tool to know.

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCTS WIN7 (70-680), MCITP WIN7 (70-685), MCSA WIN7, Linux +,LPIC-1, Novell CLA 11, SUSE 11 Tech Spec, DC Tech Spec
    WIP: 70-640, 70-642, security +, CCNA