70-680 recommened study material

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by SJMAC, Apr 4, 2012.

1. SJMAC

SJMAC New Member

Hi Guys,

First up Im new here so sorry if I've commited a forum faux-pas by jumping in here and posting. I am just wondering if you guys can recommend a good self study path for passing the 70-680. From looking around the forum I see many of you guys have passed self studying but what books would you recommend? I see the MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit hasnt got great reviews on amazon so I didnt want to just jump in a buy that. Ive also seen that many of you guys recommend Profesor Messesor free videos (I am currently working thru the A+ videos) but can you really prepare for the 70-680 with just a book and these free videos?

Many thanks, SJ

2. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

welcome SJMAC

I've self studied my way through A+ and Network+ with Mike Meyers books and Prof Messer videos. I've since moved on to the 70-680 and it is a big step up from the CompTIA exams and I find I'm using everything i've learnt in those exams to understanding the 70-680. I would recommend doing both those first before the 70-680. But to answer the questions, yes the book, prof messer videos and much much much labbing should get you through...that's what i'm experiencing. As for the book, I ask the same in a previous post. the MS press book got to bad reviews and so i bought Don Pultons books and I've been very happy with it so far. Hope that helps.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
    SJMAC likes this.
  3. SJMAC

SJMAC New Member

Good advice, thanks Andy. I've never seen the Don Pultons books, but i'll be sure to check them out. I work with windows 7 on a dialy basis so I'm looking to self study, put that into practice at work and use that knowledge to pass the exam, just as your doing.

Thanks for the advice... I'm off to find a Don Pulton book :lol:

4. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing