70-680 Booked!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by stevena, Apr 4, 2011.

1. stevena

stevena Bit Poster

I have my exam for 70-680 next week and just wanted to ask the following from people who have sat the exam previously:

• How many questions did you get on the exam that were on the subject of what OS you can upgrade to from Vista/Win7 etc?
    • Is the MeasureUp exam that comes on the CD with the official MS Press 70-680 self paced study kit no where near as hard as the actual exam?
    • How many questions were on your exam?

Certifications: MCTS: Configuring Win 7, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003, MCITP: EA
  2. Apoc220

Apoc220 Byte Poster

How many questions did you get on the exam that were on the subject of what OS you can upgrade to from Vista/Win7 etc?
    Questions like this are a no no because they go against the NDA that you sign before you take the test. On another note, questions are pulled from a pool of questions, so that means that you might get 1, 5, or no questions regarding this topic. It all depends on what questions are chosen.

Is the MeasureUp exam that comes on the CD with the official MS Press 70-680 self paced study kit no where near as hard as the actual exam?
    The measure up exam that comes with the book has a reputation of being harder than the actual exam, so if you do well on it then you are in a much better position to pass the test than otherwise.

How many questions were on your exam?
    It all depends, there is no set number. But at the end of the day you shouldn't have to worry about how many questions they will ask. Make sure that you know the material well, and don't allow gaps in knowledge. You'll do fine as long as you prepare for the test properly. Good luck!

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

What Apoc said about the 1st and 3rd.

As for the measure Up CD with the book: nowhere near the exam in terms of difficulty. If I'd went in to my exam on the basis that I was doing very well on those, I'd have been humiliated.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. stevena

stevena Bit Poster

Thanks for your opinions guys.

Apoc220 - Based on other opinions I've read on these forums, I was really surprised to hear you say that the MeasureUp exam provided with the MS Press book has a reputation for being harder than the actual exam.

Can anyone alse vouch for this as well?

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite pleased about this, as I've been doing okay with these questions.

5. Apoc220

Apoc220 Byte Poster

I can only base it on the exam for the 70-271 and a couple other opinions I've seen about it. Obviously it depends on the exam and the content written for the exam, but it isn't a bad idea to get another exam (like transcender or boson) to truly test what you know.

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  6. stevena

stevena Bit Poster

7. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

ucertify.com offer free sample downloads of most MS exams, i think you get 15 questions for free

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

It pays to get exam preps from good company's. I'd recommend Boson, Transcender and PrepLogic as all being very good as they are all usually harder than the real exams and are of better quality (in that order too). That said, I haven't seen or used any Transcenders or Preplogics for quite a while but Boson's are very good.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. stevena

stevena Bit Poster

I passed today with a score of 945/1000!!

10. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  11. bogus1195

bogus1195 Bit Poster

Congrats Stevena

Certifications: CCNA ,MCP
    WIP: Windows 7 -- 70 - 680
  12. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Congrats.
    What's your opinion on the MSPress measure up exams compared to the real thing

13. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Congrats m8 :clap

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  14. stevena

stevena Bit Poster

Thanks guys!

In the end my opinion on the MSPress MeasureUp exam is quite good.

All I can say is, that the actual exam was a little more difficult, but no where near the amount people make out on here.

15. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

To be honest, I'm beginning to wonder if they made a boo-boo and gave me the wrong exam because it bore so little resemblance to the study material. Maybe I was just unlucky and got an exam full of stinkers but I would have expected to see some some basic questions interspersed amongst the difficult ones since it is the lowest W7 cert.

16. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  17. stevena

stevena Bit Poster

Thanks Ken!

Blimey, I have someway to go though in order to get as many certifications as yourself!

How long is your C.V. ?! :biggrin

18. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. :thumbleft

What else did you use for study material and your opinions of it?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
  19. stevena

stevena Bit Poster

I only used the following:

MS Press Book -

Lots of errors as everyone is well aware, particularly around the Deployment issues, I lost many a night because of this, trying to work out the correct MS-Dos commands etc. Despite most people's opinions and reviews I read on Amazon about the product, I generally found that the book covered most of the material I needed.

CBT Nuggets -

Managed to lend the series off of a colleague. I found this a good informative accompaniment to the official book. If a little cringe worthy/puzzling (but perhaps slightly amusing) in parts where James' narration waffles on about certain aspects of his private life, e.g. his love of Oreo cookies and photographing mountain bears in the Colorado Springs!

20. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Thanks for the info. :thumbleft