70-680 booked (July 5th)

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by subliminalsmurf, May 18, 2012.

1. subliminalsmurf

subliminalsmurf Nibble Poster

Good luck mate. thanks Zig.

I'm in work at the moment cramming like a mofo. I can see this exam being harder than it seems from the subject matter.

Certifications: MCITP: Windows 7 Desktop Support Technician
    WIP: 70-686 - Started the same day as passing 680
  2. barrixrock

barrixrock Bit Poster

Failed.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    Certifications: A+, MS 70-680
    WIP: MS 70-640
  3. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

Unlikey mate, it is a tough exam. At least now you know more of the exam now, you can prepare better and brush up on your weaker areas. Be careful with the NDA tho.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  4. subliminalsmurf

Unlucky mate, better luck next time. At least now you have a heads up eh?

Thanks for the feedback but I would be careful, as above due to the NDA. I'm not entirely sure what the score is with the information you've given with relation to the NDA but I wouldn't go into any more detail just to be safe.

I'll post my result tomorrow, Right now I'm trying to just run through some labs and practice some stuff before watching RAW, Having a good night's rest in preparation for the 4.5 min journey to the centre. (It's 5 mins from my apartment and it takes me 4 mins to get to work from there) :D

Wish me luck gents, I might need it.

Edit: I've just reviewed the book / checked out my notes and to be honest i've been doing this stuff at work non-stop since we started deploying 7 so with any luck it only FEELS like my head can't take any more info.

Burning through practice now.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  5. barrixrock

barrixrock Bit Poster

Good luck m8.. I wish you luck.
    Revising the weakness area.

6. subliminalsmurf

Cheers fella. I hope you pass next time.
    I've just been informed that if I pass I get to go for beers after band practice so I'm extra motivated.

7. barrixrock

barrixrock Bit Poster

Forgot about NDA.. :)

8. subliminalsmurf

I nearly did once. Literally JUST after the 685. Me and my drummer took exams on the same day. I was talking on the phone to my boss as he was finishing his exchange exam. Luckily I realised and STFU.
    Especially seeing as though I work for a CBT company. ;-)

9. subliminalsmurf

Well, I failed.

I got 680 which isn't too bad but I could have probably done without the computer having to be changed at the start and I DEFINITELY could have done without the XML errors in the exam leaving a fair few questions with NO correct answer.

I think people definitely need to go outside of the course material on this one.

I'm not going to moan and attribute my failure to those conditions as they only cost me about 60 points max.
    I'll be complaining to pro metric to highlight their content issues.

I might even get myself a free resit.

I'm going to hit the books again and see if work will book me in again for the end of the month.

Disapointed but i'll just work harder and smash it next time.

10. barrixrock

barrixrock Bit Poster

I had the XML issues as well. Gotta email about them.
    Better luck next time :)

Check your pm

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  11. subliminalsmurf

Sack emailng I just got off the phone. ;)

Not having that. Might be able to get a voucher or something. I've reviewed exams before in my old job, They will be able to tell where all the XML errors are and give a retest depending on the impact on the overall score I think.

12. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Bad luck on the score - you almost got a pass even with the problems!

I'd definitely be aiming for a free resit with all that happening.

Good luck with it!

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  13. subliminalsmurf

I've just called / Emailed them now. fingers crossed, eh?

14. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

Unlucky mate. I see your in Manchester. I don't suppose you went to the testing center on Cheethamhill Rd (above Safe Store...Taitec College)??

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  15. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Unlucky man.
    Though you should aim to get a free resit. I'd make a fuss about this if I were you. It's not just the questions they screwed up that were impacted - it's the whole exam. It's the impact on your concentration. If you can't trust in the integrity of the exam questions and you're questioning if its even going to be POSSIBLE to pass now... you're focussing on the exam rather than the questions. You're distracted.
    And focus is important on MS exams.

Screw whether the number of points matches what you missed out by - their ONE single job is to get the exam right - they should give you a free resit just for screwing up like this.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  16. subliminalsmurf

Oh god no! I went to that one last time and it was awful! Luckily the new one on Salford quays is right between work and my apartment. It's in the Victoria building. Nice centre. Doesn't smell of pee. ;)

I just got off the phone with them actually. (I was emailed back asking to call) The guy was shockingly bad at understanding basic communication.

They've sent my complaints off to MS for review.

I don't much care about the fail, It's the fact that there were errors in the test when there shouldn't be that gets me. Pass or fail I would still be pursing a complaint about the content.

With any luck i'll get a re-sit and save my company another £100 in expenses ;).

The only good to come out of this is now I can use an extra week's worth of study and possibly come out with 1000. HA!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  17. barrixrock

barrixrock Bit Poster

Zig.. It's something wrong with prometric. I had xml errors too.
    When I asked the exam center in the middle exam, reception lady is like. She doesn't have the control over that.

That problem did lost my concentration in the middle of the exam :(

18. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

This is what I mean though: Prometric - just like Pearson VUE - are a middleman. They sit between you and Microsoft and their ONE single job is to make sure the exam is right. So if the exam goes significantly wrong, in a way that's not your fault, that should mean instant free resit in my book.

It doesn't matter whether the problem originated with Prometric or Microsoft, Prometric's one job is to get the exam right. Even if the exam wen't wrong because Microsoft didn't format something properly, Prometric should give you a resit, and then chase it up with Microsoft themselves. If you kick up a fuss I reckon you'll get a result as Prometric and Pearson VUE are quite competitive and the last thing they want is complaints about them lodged with the vendors.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
  19. subliminalsmurf

Indeed. I must admit I was pretty appalled by the Pro metric attempted fob off. I did mention that I would expect a resit and also if I had passed the exam they'd still have the same complaint and I would request a refund. The guy seemed to think that this was unfair on my part.

I gave him what for and I do feel a little bad about mentioning who I work for ;-). Either way I know Prometric can't afford to be losing clients at the moment and I know they can't really afford to let this level of fail affect their test delivery. They've already lost CITB to VUE anyway which was their biggest client.

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft went back to VUE when their contract is up.

20. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Didn't spot who you work for!
    You're right though. And personally, I wouldn't mind if Microsoft went to VUE. Last time I booked with Prometric, it was a nightmare trying to figure out which test centres were near me. Have they made booking any easier yet?